The experience we have gained over the years has positioned us as leading specialists in the application of hot melt adhesives on fabrics for vehicle interiors.
The use of high performance adhesives, such as PUR and EVA, has led to major advances in the automotive industry. Its main advantages are evident: faster production cycles, reduction of overall weight of the vehicles and simplicity in processes.
Focke Meler has accompanied the automotive industry along its evolution, developing specific machinery to cover its needs: precision applicators for robotised facilities such as the SDA, and high production melters with minimum energy consumption. We feel immensely proud to have collaborated on the optimisation of processes relating to the upholstery of vehicle interiors thanks to the development of a wide range of laminating rollers. Today, the level of specialisation is so high, that Focke Meler can offer its customers complete adaptability. But how do we achieve this?
A Meler roller offers:
Taking into account the customer’s specifications, our experts opted for a compact but versatile design applying Meler’strademark design concepts:
- Industry 4.0 connectivity: the roller can be integrated into the production line for automating the entire process by remote control. Moreover, it can send the adhesive application data in real time for a complete control of the QUALITY.
- Energy efficiency and adhesive care: the tank that integrates the roller is specifically designed to optimise the melting of adhesive, avoiding overloads and unforeseen events (carbonisation of the adhesive, obstructions, etc.).
- Saving of maintenance costs: the roller has a cleaning mode that performs an automatic adhesive tank emptying function to facilitate and minimise the operator’s cleaning tasks.
- Safety and versatility: the external structure maintains a closed operating circuit while it permits the incorporation of accessories that increase the quality of the process (UV light, air barriers, etc.).
- Accessibility and usability: all the machine’s operating parameters are controlled via an easy-to-use touchscreen. The components are visible and easy to access allowing simple maintenance and cleaning procedures so that the roller can be quickly put back into operation.
New coating roller site
To highlight our work from all these years, Meler has launched a website featuring all the projects relating to the application of adhesives in the automotive industry using this type of technology.
It will show customers the various settings that Meler’s range of rollers offers. Customers will also be able to check out technical videos associated with maintenance and working methods.
Our aim is to share our know-how gained over the years to continue building, alongside our collaborators, the vehicles of the future.